A place where it's OK to talk about Poopies!

Monday, November 27, 2006

Why you don't want to eat your Poop!

This from the Scoop on Poop

Q: Why don't you want to eat your poop?

A: "Yes, you can definitely get sick from eating poop, even in minute quantities! Although urine emerges sterile from the body (unless the person has an infection), poop emerges loaded with bacteria and sometimes other life forms. Many diseases, including food poisoning, cholera and typhus, are spread by fecal contamination. Many parasites, such as the notorious tapeworm, can be spread through deliberate or accidental ingestion of poop. There are some parasites, such as pinworms, who depend on people eating their own poop to keep the population up. Pinworms are small nematodes that live in the colon. The females emerge from the anus at night to lay their eggs. Their activity makes the anal area itch. The person scratches the itch (often doing so in his sleep), procuring a small amount of fecal matter and eggs under his fingernails, and then puts his fingers in his mouth. Once the eggs are consumed, the person is infected with a new generation of pinworms. I have read that almost everyone has pinworms. Luckily, pinworms don't do much harm. You only notice them if you have a lot of pinworms! If you want to find out if you do indeed have them, get someone to gently touch around your anal area with Scotch tape while you are sleeping. The worms will stick to the tape and you'll be able to see them. "

12 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

i used to eat my own poop all the time this site taught me it was bad thanks=)

10:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too; who knew?

2:20 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for your help. I ate my poop and got reeeeeeaaaaaly sick. Now I know why! (:o

1:08 PM

 
Blogger captain victory said...

While I agree with most of the factual presentation of this article, I have to assert a sharp disagreement on the matter of the irresponsibly subjective message thrust on the reader. Poop is dangerous, but so is mountain climbing. Eating one's own poop is a right given by God and guaranteed by the constitution of our great nation, America. I would rather dip my infant son in a vat of swine flu than live a life where I am not free to savor the flavor of my own, home-baked tummy-brownies. For some of us, eating our own eliminations is what keeps us going. Some have church, some have stamp collecting, we have dookie-dogs and 2 girls-one-cup bisque. Please tread carefully, for you tread on our hearts.

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to nom on pooopooo, like every day, its better than chocolate flavoured chin waggle! but you know, maybe i have had too much. JIMMY PEADOFILE RULES. LONG LIVE SHMEEGLE. EREMPATHIS

6:55 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

you should try my daddies poop, its filled with minerals and different planets. nomageeeee pooppooooo

6:59 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

poo.

6:59 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i smell of poo, you should try the new lynx deo, its called lynx erempathis

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

you could of told me this before, i crawled down my toilet drain to nom on this MASSIVE ONE, its blocked my toilet for like a week, i had to pee into the bath hole and the sink holes.

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

you should see me after i've had curry. the dioreeaha tastes of chocolate

7:03 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

some people think eating poo is bad. but it's a habbit. I mean its like smoking, you get addicted, just like i have to eating poo. I hear each poo which equals 7 inches of length takes 2 years of your life.

7:04 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I eat my poopies all the time. They are delicious!

5:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home